Challenger can provide Clients with experienced field personnel to make sure that the quality control associated with the recovery, sampling and accurate labelling is of the highest standard.
A field sample lost, poorly labelled or un-orientated can be very costly to the client and lead to inaccurate or incorrect future analysis.
Quality control in this area includes:
- Monitoring how the sample is collected.
- Checking that the sample depths are as accurate as possible.
- Making sure the depth labels are permanent and will not rub off or get lost.
- Making sure any core is properly orientated.
- An estimate is made of the quantity of lost core and where it is lost from.